Pan Seared Salmon topped with Mango/Avocado/Lime Salsa
Twice Baked Spinach and Garlic stuffed Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve got a little extra time on your hands, and maybe you’ve been planning on cooking something special for your significant other, or maybe you like cooking special things with your significant other, you can definitely put this one in your queue. 🙂
You won’t regret it… although you must like cilantro!⚠️
Ingredients for Mango Salsa:
– 1/2 ripe mango
– 1 medium avocado
– 1/2 lime, juiced
– 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro
– 2 tbsp pico de gallo
Directions for Mango Salsa:
1. Chop up avocado, mango, and cilantro, and place in a bowl
2. Juice 1/2 lime on top and add pico de gallo
3. Stir and store in fridge until use
Seasonings for Salmon:
– 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
– 1/2 tsp garlic salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1/2 tsp chili flakes or chili powder
– pinch Italian (optional)
Directions for Salmon:
1. Season two 4.5 ounce pieces of salmon
2. Spray a non-stick skillet and place the two pieces inside
3. Put the burner on medium heat, and flip once about 1/2 way done, flipping one final time so that skin stays on the bottom
4. Turn the burner off and place a lid over the pan to keep salmon from getting cold
Ingredients for Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes: (taken from thestayathomechef.com)
– 4 medium sweet potatoes
– 1 lime, juiced
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
– 2 cups fresh spinach
– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or almond/vegan cheese)
Directions for Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Scrub your sweet potatoes clean and lay them out on the baking sheet.
2. Roast in the oven until soft (or speed up the process by lightly poking holes in the potatoes and microwaving for 1-2 minutes)
3. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and carefully slice them in half. Scoop out the flesh and put it in a mixing bowl. Leave the skins on the baking sheet.
4. Mash the sweet potato insides in the mixing bowl, and stir in spinach, garlic, lime, and spices until evenly combined. Spinach leaves should wilt as they are mixed in.
5. Stuff the sweet potato contents with combined ingredients back into the peels, and top with cheese and cilantro. Put them back in the oven for 10-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
Hope this can become one of your new favorites, it will definitely stay as one of mine!