The right person for this position will want to work with Frequency Fitness because we’re a company that believes in quality standards, continuous growth for our members and staff, and have an open mind for innovating best practices. Frequency Fitness has a clear vision for helping our current and future members realize their most ambitious fitness goals. We strive to provide long-term careers in the field of functional fitness to those individuals who desire to help us spread better health and wellness to the Charleston community.
Title: Assistant Functional Fitness Coach
Time Commitment: Part-time (3-6 hours per week)
Supervisor: General Manager
Wage Range: $10-25/hour with opportunities to grow within the company in either a part-time or full-time role
The right person for this position will solve our desire to enroll new members, coach and service our members to reach their personal goals, and coach group fitness classes across a diverse range of experienced and inexperienced athletes.
- Informing members and prospective members about our specialized fitness programs
- Providing a fun & educational functional fitness class for our students
- Modifying the workout & class experience for members based on individual needs
- Coach 3-6 classes per week
- One to three hour work shifts
- Fulfill opening & closing gym responsibilities
- Answer phones, manage email accounts, and inform prospective members
- Encourage participation in community events
- Assist in organization and execution of community events
- Communicate class feedback and findings to General Manager for further business development
- Stimulate social media interaction that aligns with our team values and mission
Skills / Requirements
People who will excel in this position have a passion for interacting with people, have adopted health and fitness as a way of life, and enjoy continuous learning and new challenges.
The following characteristics and skillsets will be needed to excel in this position:
- Coaching – ability to command a room, fun, inspiring, humble, detail-oriented, technical exercise knowledge, basic workout program design knowledge
- Communication – listening skills, clear and concise, friendly, confident, open-minded, respectful
- Member Service – well-kept appearance, organized, assertive, caring, detail oriented, empathetic, great multitasker, people oriented, problem solver, self-controlled
- Business – critical thinker, analytical, financial budgeting skills, ability to prioritize, troubleshooter, computer knowledge (Excel, Word, Facebook, email), understands and believes in Frequency Fitness’s core values, must abide by said policies, procedures, and guidelines
Experience and Education
- CPR & AED certified (current or within 60 days of hire)
- Minimum 1 approved Health/Fitness credential(s):
- CrossFit Level 1
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (college courses)
- Minimum 1 year working with youth or adults at any level of fitness
- Minimum 1 year functional fitness training
Training and Support
Prior to coaching unassisted or carrying out business-driven job duties, the Assistant Coach will train with a mentor coach to ensure his/her success in the position.
This position is an opportunity to get paid while learning what it takes to lead a great group class, manage member expectations, help members set and achieve goals, and be part of a talented and motivated team of fitness coaches.
Team Frequency Benefits
- Continuing Education & Development
- Discounted Membership
- Service/Merchandise Discounts
- And – most importantly – the gift of being able to help people change their lives!
Mount Pleasant, SC
Email cover letter, resume, and responses to the questions below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you want to work at Frequency Fitness?
- Why would someone want you to be his or her coach?
- What are your career interests, short-term (1-3 years), and long-term (5 years) goals?